Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Powerful Women are Bitchy Men


Watching the first season of Project Runway and I gotta say Wendy's behavior on the show really annoys me. Whether her over-the-top actions were faked or not is a matter of debate but what upsets me is that she feels she needs to be a bitch to get ahead.

I don't understand why women feel that they need to act either like bitches or men to get ahead. Why should a woman have to sacrifice her feminine traits to be accepted as a professional? It makes women who have more of the classically associated feminine traits, soft spoken, emotional driven, caring, etc. feel as if they can't compete in the "real world."

I realize, of course, that not all women behave like bitches or men, but no one can deny that there is a stigma out there that they should. You gotta be tough to make it big but you don't see men turning into vicious bastards or manufacturing false personalities to get ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment