Friday, September 25, 2009

Disney might recast the role of Jack Sparrow

You can read more about this tragedy here on Screen Crave.

I can't image who they could cast to be Captain Jack? Who can play this role like J.D. can? I really hope Johnny changes his mind about this. I assume that he must have held Cook in high esteem but for fans of the PoTC trilogy his departure doesn't directly affect us, yet if JD doesn't play Jack or they just don't make the films the fans will be deprived. As selfish as it is to say, I really wish Johnny would take the role and do the best he can. It might not be as much fun as before but acting is his job, he shouldn't prioritized fun. After all, in the end, the fans are what make people famous.

Then again, it's easy to make judgements when I don't know the circumstances. From what I have ever read about JD, he doesn't seem the type to be affected by the actions of a lesser person. If Depp is this upset over Cook departure then Cook must have been a good man, and if this good man suddenly leaves Disney under mysterious circumstances then it makes Disney look really shady. In all honestly, I have had reservations about Disney every since that rat Isner took over. It just lost something.

But still, I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in JD. As much as he cared for Cook and as much as his departure reflects badly on Disney, it is ultimately the fans of the series who are going to lose out.

If anyone can get JD's ear, please remind him that millions of fans are anxiously waiting. Faithful fans will support his decision mo matter what, but I'm sure, like me, they can't help but feel let down.

No comments:

Post a Comment