Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Claire the lesbian...

Oh my gosh I hope this isn't true. If it is I will be so dissapointed.

Before I even begin let me say that I have nothing against lesbians. Some of my favorite characters of all time Utena and Haruka are gay. Putting aside the whole, "why don't they do this with male characters," feminest issue, what I am upset about is the fact that the writers (but I am looking at you Kring) seem to just be throwing this in because it's 'sexy.'

Gimme a break. Claire is not gay. She can't be making out with West in season three and then start exploring lesbians feelings with Gretchen a scant season later. She's never even had a serious boyfriend, how can she know she doesn't want that?

Claire is a seriously headstrong character but in this new season she's acting really wishy washy. I know she said she wanted to re-invent herself but this is not Claire. It's just plain OOC. Again, let me re-iterate. I am not against lesbians. If they wrote something OOC for any character I would be upset. I dont' see Claire being gay anymore than I can see HRG falling in love with Sylar. It just feels like a desperate, stupid move on the part of the writers to make the series more edgy.

This scenario is right up there with the last book of the Vampire Chronicles where Lestat discovers Jesus and reads the Bible. *ff look* Really people, get real. You can't go that far left from the original idea and expect fans to swallow it. I mean, at least Lestat had hundreds of years to change. Claire has just started university.

Still, nothing is absolute yet. In the preview for the next episode all we saw was Claire and Gretchen fighting so maybe the writers will get smart and completely drop this insulting plot line.

No comments:

Post a Comment