Tuesday, December 20, 2011

God is a Twilight Fan

My sister and I are headed home tomorrow so, as such, we have no food in the house. Being Turkish, we have to have tea with breakfast. So, we decided to go to Wholefood and get some breakfast items that go well with tea. Sis got a bran muffin and I got a baguette.

We came home and poured the tea. As I was slicing the baguette with my favorite black ceramic knife (the one I adore because it’s just so sharp) I noticed that the bread was grainy. In fact, I noticed that it was wheat. Unfortunately the second I noticed that the baguette was wheat my brain forgot to move my finger away from the knife. Apparently slicing a wheat baguette is an automatic action but moving your finger away from a razor sharp ceramic blade isn’t. So, as you can image, I sliced my finger.

As I watched the blood dripping out of my finger and pooling onto the floor I had several thoughts at once.

The first one was, “See, this is why I don’t like wheat bread!”

The second was, “Gee I should clean the knife.”

The third was a little more specific. Yesterday I was on Tumblr and someone had blogged a couple of screen-caps from the Twilight parody. There were two images, one of the parody Bella with her finger cut and gushing blood everywhere, the second of the vampire (Jasper) tucking a napkin into his collar and holding up a fork and knife. When I saw that picture I though, “idiot, no one really ever cuts themselves like that.”

So, as I stood there in shock the pool of blood growing larger, I thought, “God must be a Twilight fan.”

No comments:

Post a Comment