Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Picasa

I have been using Picasa to sort out my 76 gigs of images.

Picasa has this great feature that recognizes a face (after a few tries) and labels it automatically. Sounds great right? But there are a few issues that I think the good folks at Picasa HQ didn't quite think through.

1) Movie screen caps - Picasa is going loopy on me because it can't decide if the pirate is "captain sparrow" or Johnny Depp. Same for every actor. Zachary Quinto, is he Syler or Spock?

2) Non-photographs - I have anime pics. A lot of anime pics. Problem is not every image of a character looks the same in every episode or fan-art. And that's nothing compared to comics. Picasa crashed twice trying to identify Gambit.

3) Twins. Laura, Carrie you make Picasa crash every time. The does not recognize any difference and sticks all twins in the same folder. I have to manually sort through every image and if I'm going to do that I could just manually put the image into folder myself.*sigh*

4) Multiple Identities - A good example would be "the Doctor." He has several faces but he's still "the doctor." I had to start labeling them as "doctor #." Of course, even then Picasa start flipping out and saying, "but you told me this was David Tennant!!"

Arg. This is taking forever. I am going to take a break now before I kill Picasa.

No comments:

Post a Comment